Japanese Conjunction Kara and Node (から、ので)

おはようございます、ohayou gozaimasu, good morning learners, today, we will go over pre-intermediate lesson, yeah henceforth, we will learn pre-intermediate Japanese lessons in this blog^^, and today we will learn から (kara) and ので (node) conjunction which means "because" or "because of". Conjunction in Japanese called 接続詞 (Setsuzokushi), から and ので is used to express a reason or cause. Well, let's begin with から first.

Japanese Conjunction ~から (~kara)

To indicate a reason for something, you can connect two complete sentences using から, in this case から means "because". See the formula below:


Sentence 1 (reason) + から + Sentence 2 (result)
Now, let's see the following example:
お腹がすいたから食べました
onaka ga suita kara tabemashita
I ate because I am hungry
翻訳者になりたいから日本語を勉強した
honyakusha ni naritai kara nihongo o benkyou shita
I learned Japanese because I want to be a Translator
面白いからアニメが好きです
omoshiroi kara anime ga suki desu
I like anime because it's interesting
パソコンは 高いから 買うことが出来ない
pasokon wa takai kara kau koto ga dekinai
I cannot buy a PC because the PC is expensive

If the ending of sentence 1 is affirmative na-adjective and noun, you must add だ or です before から, if not, から will be meaning "from". Example:
病気だから、学校に行かなかった
byouki dakara gakkou ni ikanakatta
because I sick, I didn't go school
綺麗で親切ですから彼女が好きです
kirei de shinsetsu desu kara kanojo ga suki desu
I like her because she is beautiful and kind
友達だから日本語の勉強が出来る
tomodachi dakara nihongo no benkyou ga dekiru
because of friends, I can learn Japanese

And you can skip either the reason or the result as long as It's clear from the context. Example:
だから彼女が好きです (the reason dropped)
dakara kanojo ga suki desu
because of it, I like her
ですから学校に行きませんでした
desu kara gakkou ni ikimasen deshita
therefore, I didn't go to school
昨日学校に行きませんでしたか
kinou gakkou ni ikimasen deshita ka
you did not go to school yesterday?
うん、病気でしたから (the result dropped)
un, byouki deshita kara
yes, because I was sick

Japanese Conjunction ~ので (~node)

And the second one, we will learn conjunction ので、ので and から have the same meaning and they can interchangeable, but ので is a little softer and slightly more polite than から, therefore ので is more often used in formal situation instead of から. Formula:

Sentence 1 (Reasen) + ので + Sentence 2 (Result)

For na-adjective and noun, you must add な before ので. See the example:
アスナが綺麗なので、アスナが好きです
asuna ga kirei na node, asuna ga suki desu
I like asuna because asuna is beautiful
なので、アスナが好きです
nanode, asuna ga suki desu
that's why I like asuna

And you can say んで、this is the construction version of ので. Example:
面白いんで、アニメが好き
omoshiroi nde, anime ga suki
because anime is interesting, so I like anime
なんで、アニメが好きです
nande, anime ga suki desu
that's why I like anime
Yeah, that was two grammar lessons we learned in this post^^, how learners? are these から and ので grammars difficult or easy?, if you have a trouble learning this lesson feel free to comment, I will help you to explain more clearly^^, well, until tomorrow, take care all(^.^)/~~~.

1 Response to "Japanese Conjunction Kara and Node (から、ので)"

  1. Arigatou de gozaimasu... very helpful, that is why i hear node more often than kara...^^

    ReplyDelete

コメントを忘れないでね^^、don't forget to leave a comment^^)/